My name is Kelsey, I am the Lead Educator in the Kindergarten room and I have been working in childcare for 10 years. I completed my Certificate III in Children’s services in 2008 and my Diploma in Children’s Services in 2010. I have worked with all different age groups from nursery to preschool as well as with children with special needs. I enjoyed the rewarding milestones and experiences that come with each of the age groups or special needs, as well as the challenges.
I believe each child is a unique individual, who develops at their own pace and is influenced by their interactions, cultures and environment. This is why it is my aim for all interactions to be positive, for the environment to be inviting, safe and stimulating for each child, and to involve families, the child’s first and foremost caregiver, and communities. I believe that each child learns through play and that their development and knowledge can be extended through scaffolding and intentional teaching.
It is my goal to:
- Act with each child’s best interests in mind, by understanding every child is an unique individual with individual needs, abilities, interests and backgrounds.
- Encourage families to be involved in all aspects of their child’s daily experiences, providing a link between the centre and home.
- Partnership with families to include cultural beliefs and backgrounds.
- To provide an environment that is inviting, safe, stimulating and respects and supports differing cultures, religions, beliefs, languages and abilities
- Provide a wide range of developmental experiences that promote active involvement with materials and peers and that allow children freedom of choice and decision making in both their learning and play.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a developmentally appropriate program.
- Follow policies and procedures as well as the Early Years Learning Framework, the National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations.